Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

It's been a while since I've blogged. Just haven't had the time! Been incredibly busy rehearsing for "The Wizard of Oz" and the holidays were hectic at home and work. Somehow, I lost another whopping one pound along the way. Not sure how that happened? But I think it has something to do with being in a dance studio several nights a week. I am not doing a lot of sweating at practice, but we do warm up each time (vocal and physical) and I believe my body is reacting to the exercise. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get. It's probably more than one pound, but honestly, I haven't even weighed consistently in a long time. Since I plateaued, I tried not to stress about it. It was more of a feel. But I did weigh last week and was down one pound. 

Oz is next weekend and I am sure the rehearsing and preparing will take it's toll on me. I am praying I don't get sick. Half of our cast has been sick in one form or another; everything from sinus infections to stomach bugs to the flu. I don't want any part of it! Last year was bad enough for me getting the flu for the first time in 15 years. So, I'm drinking a lot of water, eating oranges for the Vitamin C and keeping my hands super clean. 

It is the beginning of a new year and everyone is on the "work out/lose weight" bandwagon. Every year I've dreaded it. Not this year. I am actually looking forward to pushing myself to lose another 16lbs! Once the production is over I'll start hitting the gym again and doing some Zumba. I hope by April or May I will be another two pant sizes down. But the one thing I will not do is beat myself up if it doesn't happen. I've learned a little more patience with myself over losing weight. It's been very hard, but I'm forgiving myself a little. It's good for the soul. The one thing I am eagerly awaiting -- SPRING! The snow today isn't helping any! But I cannot wait for Spring so I can get outside and walk. I miss it and I am having withdrawal. If the temp gets above 50, I'm outside!! 

Well, that's all I've got for today! Happy New Year to all of you. I hope this year brings you peace and happiness! 

2 comments:

  1. Donna Gail Burner sloneJanuary 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM

    very proud of you!!!!! ur lookin great and havin fun which is of the ut most importance!!!!!! keep it up...I love ya Sister!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Production week for us, when it falls during the winter always means lots of illness backstage but the performers seem to get through it. You will want to take a day off to recover when it is all said and done. After working backstage for the week, even I am worn out. All that standing around and last minute disaster preventing exhausts me. I work props but I get costume malfunctions, mic malfunctions and puking kids coming to me for help.

    ReplyDelete