Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Boredom

It's happened. I have become bored with using My Fitness Pal. My life is simply too busy to stop and record everything I eat and do throughout the day. The app is like an old friend that helped me through some tough times and now that I've learned a lot from it, I feel like I no longer need it. Maybe I'll come back one day, but for now, it bores me.

Speaking of boredom, I am bored with only walking. Not the walking itself; I still love it. I just need to change up my routine. I spoke before about adding some weights to help with my arms and I still haven't done anything like it yet. I had to put on some lycra this week for an audition and seeing myself in those big mirrors at the dance studio just about did me in. I still haven't come to terms with the emotions that are welling up inside me. I haven't seen the inside of a dance studio in 20 years. And it shows. I mean, I am happy I've lost almost 15lbs, but I still have a LONG way to go (like another 30lbs!). Not to mention the fact that I haven't lost anything in the last two weeks. It's no one's fault but my own. I know what I need to do and I am not doing it all of the time. I'm bored. And when I am bored, I eat. I'm an emotional eater and someone who eats out of boredom. Not even MFP will help.

You know what would help? If I could find a plastic surgeon who could do some pro bono abdominoplasty work. This sagging c-section belly will NOT go away. No matter what I do, it just hangs there. You cannot see all of the other progress on my body because of it. It's so embarrassing. It is one of the sources of my depression. I once had a doctor tell me that no matter what I did, my belly would never be the same without surgery. My muscles are toast and won't recover. Well, I don't totally agree but he's got something on some level. Now, do I try hard enough? Maybe not. I guess my attitude is "why try?" when I know the result may never change. It's very frustrating. If anyone knows a good surgeon who may take pity on a girl who donated her kidney, hook me up!! LOL

Anyway! I hope this boredom passes. I need to make changes to help and hold myself accountable. I have to stay on track with my eating and exercise and increase it when it's needed; like with toning and weights. I still do not want to join a gym, but I think it may be time to look into options here at work for employees. We have fitness centers around campus at a discounted price and I am going to contact someone about personal training. The time has come for me to not do this alone. Hopefully this will help cure my boredom!

2 comments:

  1. I had and have the belly thing you mentioned too but after the one c-section, when I hit goal, it DID go away. Don't let the doc convince you otherwise. The skin was a little loose but the majority of it was gone gone gone. It's the last place the weight falls off of so you will lose your entire chest before you lose the belly but it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to think that way, but I seriously don't think anything will happen with that area. I have had the c-section, then the tubal went through that area and then the kidney was taken out through that same area. Three surgeries in one section leads to the muscles being kaput! I believe there's no hope. :(

      Delete