Monday, September 9, 2013

Here is a cut and paste from my weight loss blog! Sorry it's one big mass entry, but they aren't that long. For now, I'll write about weight loss. There may be times when other things are more important, but nothing is more important than my health! Since I am a living kidney donor (1/9/12), I need to keep the one kidney I have in good shape! :) 

Entry 1: (5/29/13)

Well, here goes nothing!

I hate the word fitness. I hate the word exercise. I am not sure why this is since I was a dancer from the ages of 12-25. Before I became a wife and mother I used to spend all of my time at the gym working out. I'm 45 y/o now and have two teenage children and I could care less about working out. I loathe the thought of it. But, that is not going to get me any skinnier. Let's face it, I am overweight and I don't want to live like this. I can't sit on my fat ass forever. So, it's time. I always said there would be a time when I was ready for change. It's now. I downloaded this app on the recommendation of my friends and niece and we'll see how it goes. My digestive system has been in revolt for over 20 years. Maybe this will help in that area as well? Who knows. But this will be a slow process for me. I am not disciplined, but I will try. Walking is about all you'll get out of me. I enjoy walking so at least I have that going for me. I can use any and all support I can get! I only have one kidney now that I donated my other one last year. I have to keep this body in tip top shape!
Entry 2: (7/23/13)
Boo hoo hoo
Well, last week was not a good one for me. A lot of emotional eating and no exercise because of the oppressive heat. Excuses, excuses - I know. And this morning when I weighed in, I was at least 2lbs heavier. Damn scale. I seriously think it's because of water and the fact that I need a good BM. I walked hard last night and even jogged a little. I think the real runners in the park were thinking "what in the hell is she doing?" :)  But I'm going to keep doing it whether they're watching or not. 
This week I am going to try to shop at our local good foods co-op and see if I can find something I actually like. I see a lot of chicken, ham and turkey in my future. Oh, and pork chops. I have discovered my grill and I like it! I am going to start using it more as well. It keeps me from sauteeing everything in oil and fattening juices.
Next week the scale should be scared. I am going to make it scream with delight at the loss!! :) 
Entry 3: (7/30/13)
YAY!!! 3lbs lost this week!
I'm pumped! I seriously think last week was a fluke. I had a few bad moments, but not 2lbs worth. So I lost the two I gained PLUS one! And I am seeing a nutritionist on Thursday as well. She has my diary from MFP. Let's hope she doesn't kill me. LOL :) 
Entry 4: (8/19/13)
10lbs down, so many more to go!
Well, last week I hit the 10lb mark! Yippeeee! I think walking in the local 5k probably helped out! :)  I was happy I didn't finish last and almost cried as I crossed the finish line. My friends who ran finished in 28-30 minutes and I walked it in 47 min. Not too shabby for someone who walks almost 5mph! (and I ran a little here and there too!)
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I met with a nutritionist and we have set goals for myself. Like, going to the grocery on Sunday and planning meals for the week, bringing my lunch more often, selecting foods that are better for me at each meal, percentages of carbs, protein, fat for each day, etc. I've been doing pretty well sticking to the plan. Except this week...I didn't shop yesterday. I'm going to try and catch up this week and get meals planned. I'm going to look throug the MFP recipe section and see what ideas I can find. I'm getting bored with my same food routine. Need to change it up a little bit.
Tomorrow I weigh in. I honestly don't think anything will change from last week, but we'll see. My next short term goal is just to get to the 160s! Baby steps is how I am doing this thang! LOL :)
Entry 5: (8/20/13)

Weigh in you say? Not today.


Today is not the day for a weigh in. I can tell I will be disappointed so why do it. I walked vigorously almost every day last week and took off Fri & Sat, walked Sun and didn't walk last night. My belly hurts a little today and my women friends will understand when I say I'm bloated. I've had this feeling before and I had gained 2lbs and the next week lost three. Why set myself up for depression? I know I feel good and my clothes are still big (as well as my bra!) and I know I'll be back to exercising every night the rest of this week. I just keep telling myself everything will be fine and I can do this!! I'm also going to try and start bowling and that has to be good for the body, right?? :) So, I'll try again next week or in a few days when I'm feeling better. To the rest of you, keep up the good work!! You rock!!
Entry 6: (8/27/13)

Maybe I weighed in today, maybe I didn't...

This could be a trend!! LOL and it's actually not true because I stepped on a scale yesterday and I was 171.0. Today I was 171.3 and I know I am less than that. I just know it. Maybe not by much, but at least 170 or 169. (maybe I'm wishful thinking??) I'm not adding either of those weights to MFP. Maybe next week's? I need it to show a loss and not the same thing. 
Anyhoo.....no one ever reads these blogs so I guess I am just making up stuff for myself! :)  But I refuse to get down. I am eating right and exercising and doing what I can. I think I can increase my exercise to add a little strength training in my arms. I would also like to tone my abs a little. Baby steps for me when it comes to exercise. And I still hate running! I tried it again last night. Well, I try it every time I walk. My knees hurt, my back hurts and I hate it. A runner I am not and never will be. A fast walker I shall remain! If I can get three miles in each time then I am doing well! My goal is to speed that walk up so I can really compete in some races. :)
Tonight I bowl, which is great exercise! I was exhausted last week on my first time in years. And I burned like 600+ calories! It's good stuff!
That's all for now! Catch ya on the flip side!  
Entry 7: (9/5/13)
Well, Imagine that!!
I finally lost another pound! I weighed in this morning on a whim and just knew it would say I was heavier or the same. I'm dressed in heavier clothes today as well, so it may be more than a pound, but I'll take whatever I can get! I had hit a plateau and had spoken to my nutritionist about how to overcome it. She gave me some suggestions and some web sites to read. I also needed help increasing my protein and she gave me info on that as well. Here are the links: 
I've increased my walking and I began bowling again this week. So, maybe I'll see a decline in the weeks to come. I still have my chocolate weaknesses but I'm doing better about giving into them. I'm still intersted in getting a bicycle and uninterested in running. :)
Anyway.....so happy to see that I am almost under the 170 mark! I can't wait to be in the 160s!! :)
Have a great day!  




No comments:

Post a Comment