Monday, September 23, 2013

Sometimes Life Is Hard

I'd love to start this entry describing how I've lost 5 or 6 lbs since my last entry, but that ain't gonna happen. Last week was rough for me. The good news is I walked 4 miles last Monday! I felt so good after that walk that I could've kept on going! I bowled on Tuesday and had a pretty good night; even bowling above my average for two games! But the rest of the week? Nothing. I haven't exercised one bit and my eating habits have left much to be desired. I don't have any excuses but I sure made a lot of them last  week. I usually step on the scale today, but I am not going anywhere near it! Probably not tomorrow either.

But today starts a new week! I am going to walk right after work and I am going to try and do 4 miles again. It will be harder on me since I haven't walked in so long, but so what. It's my own fault. Tomorrow night is bowling and I promise not to let my momentum stop there. I am going to exercise every day this week and enjoy the weekend off. Wait, I am walking in the National Kidney Foundation Walk this Sunday in Louisville! It's not a competitive walk. Just a leisurely 2-3 mile stroll with our team to help raise funds for kidney disease patients. I'll be walking with the "Wildcat Walkers" from the University of Kentucky Transplant Center in honor of my kidney recipient, Matthew. So, I guess I'll take Friday and Saturday off. If you want to make a donation for the walk, please click here.I appreciate any and all donations!  http://donate.kidney.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1983148&pg=personal&fr_id=6060

So, sometimes life is hard and life gets in the way of our motivation. But I know this weight-loss journey is not easy. Especially for someone like me who is a food addict. It may be next year before I see the major change I am looking for, but I know it will happen. One thing is for sure - I will NOT be obese. I refuse!!! My life means too much to me and I want to be here for my family for a long time! To all of you that are fighting the same demons, I'll be praying for you! We can do this! :)

3 comments:

  1. You are right, sometimes life sucks but if we always give in to what we feel like doing at the moment, we'd pay for it later in some way. I just wrote a very similar post on my (new) walking/mindful eating blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you give me the link to your blog? I can't find it anywhere! Thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my walking blog? Here is the link:

    http://longandnarrowroad.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete